Saturday, March 01, 2014

Fusion Beads 30 Day Bead Challenge: Day 1...

Fusion Beads is celebrating National Craft Month with another 30 Day Bead Challenge!  I've participated in the past and have really enjoyed it!  I totally recommend others to play along as well.  Even though I'm super busy, I've decided to give it a go!

The prompt for Day 1 was to create a pair of cute earrings.

I wire-wrapped two Nina Design gold-plated bronze bird nest charms from two antique brass plated pewter TierraCast leaf buttons.  I used pinch bails to attach the buttons to the ear-wires.  I think they're really fun!  They've got a "sophisticated naturalist" vibe.  I love how they dangle and have a lot of movement.

I hope you'll consider this creative challenge!  I found that one of the biggest challenges was time management.  Looking at the calendar in advance allows you to prepare and order supplies if need be.  CLICK HERE for the full calendar.

3 comments:

Shai Williams said...

Great earrings! I was so planning on participating in this challenge this year but I had better wait until I have glasses that I can see through again.

Anonymous said...

These are so cute. I love the pinch bail with the button. Gives me new ideas for the use of buttons other than just as a closure.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Gorgeous earrings!