Thursday, March 13, 2014

Fusion Beads 30 Day Bead Challenge: Day 13...

Bling was the central theme of Day 13's challenge in the Fusion Beads 30 Day Bead Challenge.  The prompt was to create some jewelry featuring Swarovski crystal bicones.

For this creative exercise, I decided to use four different colors of Swarovski crystal 4mm bicones:  Mint Alabaster, White Opal, Rosewater Opal, and Caribbean Blue Opal.  I used Right Angle Weave to create the four-sided, beaded cylinders.  I reinforced the stitches with extra Fireline.  Then I strung one Caribbean blue bicone, the beaded column, and another Caribbean blue bicone onto a balled headpin and created a wire-wrapped dangle that I attached to a sky-blue niobium earwire.  The effect is a pair of very "blingy" earrings!

Want to find out what's up next in the Fusion Beads 30 Day Bead Challenge?  CLICK HERE for the entire calendar.

1 comment:

Becky Pancake said...

Andrew I love these earrings I saved a pic of them to my inspiration file.