Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Fusion Beads 30 Day Bead Challenge: Day 18...

The prompt for Day 18 of the Fusion Beads 30 Day Bead Challenge was to break out the Vintaj and form some filigree!

We had a Canadian jade cabochon in the shop and it fit perfectly in the design of the filigree.  I decided to form the filigree around the cabochon to create the focal.  To me, most filigree has such a vintage feel to it.  (Probably because a lot of the designs come from vintage stampings.)  With that in mind, I used vintage Japanese glass beads in a striking green to compliment the focal.  The greens are perfect for this time of year.  I think the finished piece has an heirloom quality to it and I like it.

It's not to late to get in on the action!  CLICK HERE to check out the full calendar of prompts!

No comments: